I am sure that you have been in a situation where you didn’t know what to get for your parents or your mom and dad in law. Maybe it was their birthday or maybe it was for Christmas or maybe you just wanted to give them a present. Nevertheless it can sometimes be a challenge to find a gift that is affordable and one that they will be glad that they got.
If you are a parent yourself (preferably if you have a child of age 0-6 years) then you now have an easy to do, affordable and yet valuable gift to give. And the best part is that you can spend time with your child and he/she will think that it is fun to do.
The gift is to create a unique baby hand and footprint (or a child hand and footprint if your child isn’t a baby). It is easy to do if you choose to buy a keepsake kit from a local store or on the internet. If you’re going for the internet then be aware that it takes time for the shop to ship the kit to you.
Once you have the kit at home you’re ready to start making a baby hand-print, a baby footprint or maybe even both. Use your imagination and let your fantasy run wild. Use colors if you’re the artistic type or keep it in plain colors if you’re the more conservative type.
They great thing about a hand- print or a footprint is that it will always be unique. No one can create a print that is exactly the same as your baby’s hands and feet are very unique. Secondly I’ll bet that your parents or your mom and dad in law will be thrilled to get a little keepsake memory of their grandson or daughter.
If this is the first time that you have ever done a hand print or a footprint you might want to buy more than one kit. It isn’t difficult to do as most kits have an explanation inside but if you do something wrong you’ll have to run to the store to get another kit or buy another one on the internet (and wait for it to arrive).
A kit is just one way to do a hand-print or a footprint but there are other ways that are more creative, fun and unique. Actually the kit solution is kind of “the easy way out”. If you feel that you could do more than just a kit print then I invite you to come to my site to see some of the other options that are available to you.
No matter what route you choose to go I can assure you that the baby hand-print or footprint will be a gift that the grandparents will want to hold on to for the years to come.
Personalizing a baby’s gift is an excellent idea, making the gift distinct and special and grows into a cherished token through the years. When giving or making a gift sooner, before the baby’s due, you are faced with a problem, that is, you are not yet certain of the name and the birth date. An option to consider is by giving a gift certificate for an etching or engraving design along with your gift. This way, when the wonderful day arrives, the parents can take your gift and have it personalized. Another option is to make a and fill a basket with wonderful baby items.
Your labor of love gift basket
Gift baskets are very popular today and indeed a wonderful idea which can either be purchased made-to-order or ready-made. Or, you can do it yourself by putting together all baby items that you like for the baby. Here’s how you can make one:
1. Know first the size of the basket that you will use. A very large basket may be difficult to fill, so a medium sized is recommended. Usually, craft stores sell baskets of different sizes, shapes and colors. Shredded tissue paper and raffia make great fillers to be layered at the basket’s bottom, alongside with baby towels and blankets.
2. If you do have a large basket, you can easily fill it up by choosing bigger items as well, such as crib comforters, stuffed bunny or teddy, pillows or crib bumpers.
3. Take into consideration the baby’s gender, what really the baby needs. For a first baby, there will be many things that he will need. Having to look at a baby registry if the mom to be has one, can help a lot, since you will know what the baby really needs. If there is none, you could always ask the mom what else she needs for the baby.
4. Consider having a theme. You can load the basket with everything pink for a baby girl or everything blue for a baby boy, or everything having a “pooh” or a dinosaur design. A bedtime theme basket filled with story books, music CD, blankets, pillows, pajama, musical crib mobile and a teddy bear can be a wonderful idea. Be creative and let your imagination soar.
5. Another way of being creative is instead of using a basket, a baby tub, a diaper bag, a small laundry basket or a trunk can also be used.
6. For a tub, you can fill it with baby bathing accessories, such as soaps, towels, bubble bath, powder, baby shampoo, lotion (such as this site on Etsy carries http://www.etsy.com/shop/amandasscentsdreams )and bath rubber toys.
7. For the trunk, you can fill it with baby’s keepsake book, monogrammed items, receiving blankets, heirloom items, a picture frame and an inspirational book all about mom and baby. You can also place a little inspirational note containing all your wishes for the baby. This will add a more personal touch to your gift.
8. For the laundry basket, you can fill it with cute slippers, diapers, baby comb and brush, booties, and baby clothes.
You can follow along with my video Here on how to make a gift basket like the one Amanda's Scents & Dreams
has done with her products and also the photo used for this article, very nice way to make "it a personal" gift made from the heart and all natural baby products to boot!